If you want to reduce your lighting-energy costs, Corporate Electric can design, develop and implement solar-powered and LED lighting solutions for both internal and out-of-doors lighting projects. If there is no mains electricity supply available, we can develop lighting designs for off-grid lighting applications, utilizing solar PV, battery storage and light sensing technologies. This also delivers significant savings in cabling and related infrastructure costs.
We can integrate low energy lighting with daylight harvesting in order to ensure you only use energy for lighting when it is really needed.
We represent Greenshine New Energy products in the Cayman Islands and can supply you with customized solar powered lighting systems for a wide range of lighting applications. Main products are solar outdoor lights, such as solar street lights, solar garden lights and solar lawn lights. We can also supply turtle friendly lighting fixtures equipped with amber LEDs, using a long wavelength light as well as an optional light shield to minimize impact on marine wildlife. This Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission certified light can be used for ecologically sensitive areas, sea turtle nesting beaches, migratory corridors, and Dark-Sky Friendly communities.
We also represent Carmanah solar and led lighting products for marine, traffic and airport lighting applications. Carmanah Technologies manufactures solar LED lights and solar power systems that are industry proven to perform reliably in the world’s harshest environments. Carmanah solar LED lights and solar power systems provide a durable, dependable and cost effective energy alternative.
For commercial buildings we can combine low-energy lighting solutions with other building control systems, for example by integrating lighting and air conditioning controls, to achieve even greater energy savings. Since all of the energy used for lighting ultimately ends up as an additional heat input to the building, then for every unit of energy saved on lighting a further 33% is saved in the energy required to run the AC system.Read more
Our lighting design process takes us through the process of:
- Determining the level of illumination required, based on task analysis;
- Undertaking photometric calculations in order to determine the level of illumination that can be achieved, seeking to optimize light fixture selection and placement;
- Production of site drawings showing location, elevation and azimuth of proposed light fixtures.
We have undertaken several low-energy lighting projects:
- Installation of LED lighting fixtures in multi-story car park;
- Low-energy lighting retrofit projects for several large commercial office spaces, with a payback period of around a year;
- Design of off-grid solar powered lighting solutions for a nature park visitor centre, and for the entrance gateway to a prestigious new residential development;
- LED lighting for marine, aviation, obstruction, and traffic applications.
Solar-powered lighting is an environmental-friendly and cost-efficient solution in many outdoor lighting applications. In many instances we are finding them to be the perfect solution for illuminating streets, pathways, parking areas, and signs in location not easily connected to the power-grid.
Solar lights use solar panels to convert sunlight during the daytime into electricity and store it into the batteries. After sunset, the solar panel will detect a drop in ambient light and the system will automatically turn on the light. Due to their high efficiency and low maintenance, LEDs are used as the light source in the vast majority of solar lights.
Compared to traditional grid-tied HPS or metal halide lights, solar LED lights offer three main advantages.
- Solar lighting can save the owners hundreds/thousands of dollars per light by eliminating trenching, wiring, and electricity costs;
- Solar lights offer a great deal of convenience. Their lack of trenching means there are few or no landscaping issues. Solar lights do not require timers, and their LED fixtures eliminate the yearly maintenance visits. In more remote places, solar lights are also a way to fight against copper theft;
- Solar lights are good for the environment. Using only the limitless clean energy from the sun, solar lights also have the benefit of using less material and labor to install, which further reduces their carbon footprint.
There are several things buyers should beware of when purchasing a solar lighting system:
- Determining the light’s illumination at ground level can be difficult. We have the computer codes to undertake photometric studies in order to quantify the illumination levels that will be achieved, taking account of the light emitted by the lamp and the orientation and distance to ground level.
- The lighting system “autonomy” defines the run-time during poor weather. Solar lighting systems should be designed by manufacturers with large enough solar panels and batteries to allow for enough rainy or cloudy backup days for the location where they will be installed.
- Because of the daily charging and discharging, batteries are usually the weakest link in a solar lighting system. For optimal performance, buyers should only select systems with gel cell deep-cycle batteries or lithium ion batteries.
As the technology in solar lights continues to improve, we will find solar-powered LED lights in more and more stand-alone and off-grid lighting projects. By selecting the latest generation of fully-integrated systems with the right configuration, owners can ensure they obtain quality lighting systems that can provide years of trouble-free lighting.