Corporate Electric can equip your pool to use the power of the sun for recirculating water. For homes with swimming pools, circulation and filtration pumps used to keep pools clean are typically the second biggest consumers of electricity.
Corporate Electric is the authorized distributor for Lorentz products in the Cayman Islands and provides:
- Sales, installation, service and application of specific engineering support for pool pumps for residential and commercial applications in all sizes and shapes with and without specialized features, new and retrofit.
- Sales, installation, service and application of specific engineering support for irrigation pumping solutions for residential, commercial and agricultural needs.
Using the technology, expertise and experience gained in critical drinking water applications, LORENTZ has a range of pool pumps that use zero electricity and have a long life. Additional benefits come from quiet operation and modular construction for simple maintenance. LORENTZ solutions save the homeowner money and reduce their environmental footprint.
LORENTZ pool pumps are a compelling proposition for homeowners and commercial pool operators in a sector where operating costs need to be minimized.
A typical residential swimming pool pump of 1.5 horsepower will have an electricity consumption of approximately 17kWh per day, and a running cost of around CI$200 per month or CI$2400 per year. With a solar powered pool pump, running costs are reduced to zero. The costs of supplying and installing a solar pool pump mean that the installation will typically repay the initial investment in around 3 years, and often much less for larger installations.
When you buy a package (Pump, Controller, & Disconnect) with our specified solar panels, Lorentz will offer an optional 5 year warranty on the PS600 from the standard 2 year warranty.Read more
LORENTZ PS Swimming Pool Pumps are high quality products designed for use in residential and commercial swimming pools and spas. In most pool applications all of the pumping needs can be met directly from solar panels meaning no electricity costs and significant benefits to the environment.
The LORENTZ pump uses a variable speed brushless DC motor for high efficiency and reliability. The motor-pump combination is maintenance-free, operates quietly and has an eight to ten year life expectancy. It is connected to a solar generator via a controller. The controller monitors the system, controls the pump speed and optimizes the amount of water pumped based on the power available.
Proper filtration of the pool requires the water to pass through the filter at least once per day; this is also referred to as “turning the water over”. Lorentz offers a range of solar powered pool pump systems, allowing us to filter from the smallest of pools up to 36,000 gallons with a single system. Pump systems can be plumbed together to filter even larger pools.
Lorentz Systems are not sized by horsepower, but the volume of water to filter. One of the many great aspects of the system is that all systems utilize the same pump, motor and controller assembly. The more energy delivered to the controller the higher the revolutions and the greater the flow rate, and this is determined by the number of solar panels deployed.
Cartridge type filters are preferred with the solar powered pool pumps. The System also works well with sand filters. However, DE filters do not perform well with the Lorentz System as they create a large back-pressure. Replacing a DE with a cartridge filter does not add much to the cost of the system and aids the installation configuration.
Lorentz pumps can be used with solar heating panels, and also work with pool cleaning systems. We recommend retention of the existing mains-powered pump (if available) or installation of a mains power pack to facilitate cleaning under any light condition – just in case the sun is not co-operating!
- Zero energy costs provide a very fast return on investment
- Longer life expectancy than standard AC motors
- Quiet and efficient
- Proven in service record
- Speed controllable to match the pool size exactly
- Smart modular design for simple and cost effective servicing and repair
- Fast and simple installation, direct replacement for an existing pool pump
- Engineered in Germany
- ECDRIVE DC brushless motors, designed for solar with over 90% efficiency
- High quality non corrodible materials used throughout
- Solar direct connect with AC connection options
- MPPT technology to maximise power use from PV modules
- Optional data logger