Residential & Corporate Electric Suppliers & Maintenance
Corporate Electric has the Solution!
We are a reputable electrical contractor with engineering, design and installation capability, operating locally in the Cayman Islands since 2000. We are a repeat service provider for market sectors including Residential; Commercial; Government; New build; Service & Support.
We have around 60 qualified electricians/installation engineers – all holding Cayman Islands electrical licenses. Additionally, Corporate Electric is:
- A member of NECA (The National Electrical Contractors Association), NFPA (The National Fire Prevention Association), SIEE (Source Inspector Electrical Equipment), the Cayman Contractors’ Association, CASE (Cayman Society of Architects Surveyors & Engineers), CREA (Cayman Renewable Energy Association), CIFMA (Cayman Islands Facility Management Association).
Our customer base includes:
- Law Forms
- Accounting Forms
- Utility Companies
- Table Appears
- Consultation, specification and design / build services, utilizing the latest computer aided drafting to produce accurate, concise drawings and specifications, thereby reducing the overall project cost.
- New construction of all sizes of projects.
- Renovation works for all sizes of projects.
- Service calls, troubleshooting and repairs to all manner of electrical systems, no matter how large or small, complex or simple.
- Lighting works for both interior and exterior of premises.
- Upgrading of existing or installation of new electrical mains.
- Electrical surveys.
- Distributors for Marathon electric motors.
We undertake installations of the highest quality including:
- Single family homes.
- Custom homes.
- Town homes.
- Retail facilities.
- Hotels and condominiums.
- Office buildings.
- Network data centers.
- Manufacturing facilities.
- Industrial plants.
- Water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Transportation projects.
The National Electrical Code (NEC), or NFPA 70, is a regionally adoptable standard for the safe installation of electrical wiring and equipment. The NEC codifies the requirements for safe electrical installations into a single, standardized source. It is part of the National Fire Codes series published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA).
The Code covers the installation of electrical conductors, equipment, and raceways; signaling and communications conductors, equipment, and raceways; and optical fiber cables and raceways for the following:
- Public and private premises, including buildings, structures, mobile homes, recreational vehicles, and floating buildings
- Yards, lots, parking lots, carnivals, and industrial substations
- Installations of conductors and equipment that connect to the supply of electricity
- Installations used by the electric utility, such as office buildings, warehouses, garages, machine shops, and recreational buildings, that are not an integral part of a generating plant, substation, or control center.
The Code does not cover the following:
- Installations in ships, watercraft other than floating buildings, railway rolling stock, aircraft, or automotive vehicles, other than mobile homes and recreational vehicles.
- Installations underground in mines and self-propelled mobile surface mining machinery and its attendant electrical trailing cable
- Installations of railways for generation, transformation, transmission, or distribution of power used exclusively for operation of rolling stock or installations used exclusively for signaling and communications purposes
- Installations of communications equipment under the exclusive control of communications utilities located outdoors or in building spaces used exclusively for such installations
- Installations under the exclusive control of an electric utility.
In the Cayman Islands, all qualifying electrical installations must satisfy the requirements of the NEC. Our designers and installation electricians have years of training in the interpretation and application of the code, and have significant experience of delivering projects that are approved by the CI Government Authorities as meeting all code requirements.