Corporate Electric is the authorized Kohler | SDMO distributor and a Kohler Power Group marine dealer in the Cayman Islands. We are also service dealers for Generac. We service and maintain all makes and types of standby generators, from the smallest residential system up to the largest commercial installation.
Corporate Electric can design, install and maintain your standby generator system. We undertake:
- Generator sizing, by either calculation or by continuous measurement of the actual electrical load over a 15-day period;
- Design and engineering of the emergency power system to meeting your application. This includes foundation design, fuel and cooling system requirements and electrical connections;
- Management and co-ordination of the Design Approvals Process
- Design Submission and Approval by Cayman Islands Government Department of Planning and Building Control Unit
- Permit approval
- Supply, installation, test and commissioning, using our own factory-trained generator technicians.
Our trained generator service technicians have access to manufacturers’ manuals and technical support specialists to allow us to:
- Trouble-shoot, diagnose and repair generator systems;
- Design a customized preventive maintenance schedule;
45 years of experience, a strong position on the energy market!
Established in 1966, SDMO Industries is recognized toaday as the 3rd global actor on the generators’ market.
Still located in Brest, where it was founded, SDMO has of three factories spanning over more than 31,000 m² without including the logistics. Attentive to the territory that saw her grow up and to its community, SDMO has developed its activity in respect of its CSR policy (Corporate Social Responsibility).
SDMO has also engaged in an active approach to reduce its emissions of greenhouse gases.
A national coverage, an international presence, “think globally, act locally”.
SDMO strengthens every day its leading position, by relying on the structure of an international group.
It was able to build an effective commercial network to ensure its development and expand into new markets.
SDMO worldwide, is:
- A dealers’ network with a presence in over 150 countries
- 6 subsidiaries: Germany, Belgium, Brazil, Spain, United States, Great Britain
- 8 representative offices (Johannesburg, Algiers, Dubai, Istanbul, Cairo, Moscow, Lomé, Nairobi)
- 5 storage platforms (Le Havre, Miami, Mexico, Lomé, Dubai).
In France, 7 commercial agencies work on a daily basis under the responsibility of 3 regional directions. This proximity, combined with a strong sense of service, guarantees a better reactivity on the entirety of the territory served.Read more
- Provided routine preventative maintenance services to ensure the on-going reliability of your generator and equipment.
If you don’t want to be left in the dark by the next blackout, we have the Kohler and SDMO generator and switchgear products to meet your needs.
A standby generator provides you with an automatic back-up electrical supply. Within seconds of a utility outage an automatic transfer switch senses the power loss, commands the generator to start and then transfers the electrical load to the generator. The standby generator begins supplying power to the electrical circuits. Once utility power has returned, the automatic transfer switch transfers the electrical load back to the utility and signals the standby generator to shut down. The generator then returns to standby mode where it awaits the next outage. To ensure a proper response to an outage, a standby generator runs regular self-tests.
Whilst the majority of power failures from the power grid last less than an hour, some force majeure blackouts could last much longer, completely shutting down production at companies and critical infrastructures such as telecommunication networks, financial services, water supplies and hospitals. A blackout in one locality can trigger a domino effect that can result in island-wide blackouts. A power outage may be caused by a surge in the power supply, by an accident involving a pole on the transmission system, by lightning and even at times by animals such as iguanas, frogs and snakes which may come into contact with hardware on a pole! In addition, the accumulation of sea salt on pole line hardware and subsequent rainfall may cause an outage. The power may also be turned off in the event of a serious storm or hurricane and there are times when the utility has to turn the power off to carry out a maintenance program.
The financial impacts of even a small power cut can be catastrophic. Many companies are unprepared for business disruptions caused by power blackouts, and are often unaware of the true costs and impact that they can have on their operations. Automatic standby generator systems may be required by building codes for critical safety systems such as elevators in high-rise buildings, fire protection systems, standby lighting, or medical and life support equipment.
Standby generators are becoming increasingly common in the home, as householders seek to prepare for extreme weather and unforeseen power outages. A residential generator can provide backup electrical power for AC systems, security systems, and household appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, and hot water heaters.
Standby generators are used by businesses, homes, industry, farms, commercial buildings, onstruction, sites and boats, in sizes from 2.5kW to 3000kW. Generators can be diesel, propane, or gasoline fueled. Both Kohler Power Systems and SDMO design and manufacture generator systems to meet a variety of electrical needs, including:
- A reliable standby power supply or a prime power source;
- Fixed or portable generator sets;
- For land and marine-based applications.
To perform reliably, standby generators require routine preventative maintenance. We offer a competitively-priced care and maintenance program to verify that the generator will operate reliably when required:
- Quarterly electrical check: to check fluid levels in the engine, check battery age and condition, verify that the generator set is exercising correctly and to run the generator and record key parameters. We also report on any defects or emergent issues that should be addressed to ensure continued reliability;
- Annual mechanical maintenance service: to undertake electrical checks as above, and carry out mechanical maintenance such as changing filters (oil and fuel) and lubricating oil, and check the correct operation of the generator.
We also have the equipment to undertake load-bank testing on generators (i.e. running the generator set under full load over an extended period) in order to verify generator reliability and to prevent problems such as “wet stacking”.